Viber is a cross-platform voice over IP and instant messaging software application.
Viber is one of the more popular messenger applications in the top 5 social apps. Meanwhile In January 2016, Viber surpassed WhatsApp in Russia, with about 50 million users. This great increase in the number of registere users of Vibe in Russia also occured in other countries of the world.
Vibe is available on Android, iOS, and Windows devices.
1. Android is a mobile operating system.
Google Inc is the company that developed Android.
This mobile operating system is based on a modified version of the Linux kernel and other open-source software. It is designed primarily for touchscreen mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets.
2. iOS is a mobile operating system. Apple Inc is the company that developed it. So it is the operating system that powers many of the company’s mobile devices, such as the iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch. It is the second most popular mobile operating system globally after Android.
Development of Viber.
Viber was originally launched as a VoIP application for voice calling However on march 31 2011, Viber 2.0 was released which added instant messaging (IM) capabilities. Similarly by July 2012 vibe had
Meanwhile, other subsequent developments occured between December 2012, when stickers was added among the features of vibe. By October 2013 Viber 4.0 was already available featuring a sticker ‘market’ where Viber would be selling stickers as a source of revenue. Other features in Version 4.0 includs push-to-talk capabilities, Viber Out feature, that provides to the registered users the opportunity to call mobile and landline numbers through the VoIP without the need for the application.
Furthermore, April 2, 2013, the company added Voice support to all Windows Phone 8 devices. And in September 2014, the company introduced Viber version 5.0 featuring video calling as one of its
Meanwhile, by November 2016 Viber version 6.5 was already available to be used be trnding subscriber. At this time Viber had 800 million registered users according to Statista.
The version 6.5 features Public Accounts which allow brands to engage in promotion and customer service on the platform.
And finally, the most recent version, version 10 was introduced in February 2019 featuring Group calling. Meanwhile, this social media had over 260 million monthly active users as of January 2019.
Features and Advantages of Viber.
As simple as creating a Viber account, you can be able to:
- Connect with over 1 billion users of Viber worldwide.
- Build a community of friend online.
- Broadcast messages to multiple contacts
- Make a new friend and meet new connections and opportunities.
- Make free international calls
- Chat with family and friend online where ever place you are.
- Make free audio and video calls.
- Send instant messages at no cost.
- Exchange contacts with friends.
- Open a Group Chat and meet with new people and explore new interest.
- Express Yourself with GIFs and Stickers.
- Share your location if need be and lot more.
In summary, Viber is one of the most popular social media where you can meet and make new friends. This cross-platform voice over IP and instant messaging software application enables users to express themselves, with GIFs and Stickers, Open a Group Chat with friends and love ones, make free audio and video calls, build contacts, etc.
This social media has a website and application software that runs in Andriod and iOS
All rights reserved.
This material and other digital content on this website may not be reproduced, republished, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from LoginHit.com.ng